Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Costumes Plus

After some convincing (okay begging) from my son, I broke down and made him a musketeer costume for Halloween.  I also made some extra pieces to go along with the doublet and breeches of his musketeer costume so he could dress the part when he plays prince.  When I finished my son’s costume, my husband thought it would be really cool to have us all go as musketeers since this is the last year there will only be three of us.  I agreed that this would be really fun though I had my reservations at making yet two more costumes.  Well, since my husband was willing to fit the bill, I made two more hats as well as two more tabards.  I didn’t make all of the pieces such as the doublet or the pants but I felt like it still turned out quite cute.

 

Christian the Musketeer… 

IMG_1340

 

 

Prince Christian…

 Copy of IMG_1313

 

 

The Three Musketeers…

IMG_0012

 

I think they turned out well…though I feel like I look like “the brains of the operation” with my big belly.  So, technically, there are 3 2/3 Musketeers in the picture…

1 comment:

  1. You look really pretty in that picture! It reminds me of Maureen O'Hara in the Musketeer movie! Although, I guess your face is really more like Virginia Mayo's.

    ReplyDelete