Friday, January 1, 2010

Shopping the Sales: January

I have a clipping that was given to me in the finance class I took in college and it says what is on sale each month.  When I’ve followed it by waiting to buy something that I needed but wasn’t quiet essential at the moment, I’ve been very pleased with the price that I’ve got it for.  The number one thing that I use this list for is to stock up on children’s clothing.  Because my children tend to be in the average range, I just project what size they will be the next year (and then sometimes the year after that).  I also like to go to outlet stores in the months that such items are on the list.  So each month this year at the beginning of the month, I’ll post what things to look for that are on sale. As a note, this list was created about 16 years ago so some things aren’t on here (like computers) but overall I thing it’s a great list!

January

  • Cosmetics
  • Radios
  • Home furnishings
  • Small appliances
  • Stationary
  • Women’s clothing
  • White goods

No comments:

Post a Comment